A walk around the vineyard first & small woodland. If you are visiting outside summer then you might want to wear wellies / walking shoes for this part as we found it damp underfoot. Enjoyable half hour stroll with information posted along your walk. Then to the serious part. We enjoyed a good ploughmans lunch sitting outside in the Autumn sunshine and were then given a very informative half hour, maybe more, tasting session of six or seven wines. All in all an enjoyable, educational and fruitful two to three hours.
This tour includes:
1. A guided tour through the vineyards and 2 acres of woodland.
2. Viewing the 3-week Self-build house construction photo display and the WW2 'Dragon's Teeth'.
3. Wine Tasting in the 'Bar-in-the-Barn'
4. A Ploughman's Lunch Platter or afternoon tea for two
5. A bottle of Red, Rosé or White wine to take home
7. A glass of sparkling wine
8. An overnight stay in a double room at the Sedlescombe Golf Hotel which is set in the beautiful surroundings of Sedlescombe Golf Course in the Heart of the historic 1066 Country. The 20 Bedroom boutique hotel provides the perfect setting to Escape, Relax & Enjoy your surroundings
Here's how the experience unfolds:
First, you check in at the shop where you'll join a group and be taken out on a guided tour through 3 beautiful vineyards and woodland set in the 'High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty'
Next, you head to the 'Bar-In-The-Barn', where visitors are served a superb artisan bread and organic cheese Ploughman's Lunch complete with pickled onions, pickles, and fresh salad, Alternatively, during the afternoon, visitors can opt for a delicious Afternoon Cream Tea for Two scones, a selection of sandwiches and cakes and tea or coffee, both options use local ingredients where possible. Your choice of meal will be served with a glass of sparkling wine.
Lunch/tea is followed by tasting a selection of 4 of these home-grown organic and biodynamic wines, including Whites, Red, and Fizz.
You'll then choose between a bottle of red, white and rose wine to take home.
Following your visit to the vineyard, you'll make your way to The Sedlescombe Golf Hotel.
Must be booked in advance by telephoning the vineyard on 01580 830715 Allow about 2 hours for the vineyard visit.
Price per Couple: £185.00
“A lovely treat!”
First of all, this place was wonderful value for money as we were using a voucher for 2 of us with wine tasting, self guided tour and afternoon tea.
The afternoon tea might be the best we've had. Sandwiches were fresh and tasty, perhaps some might think limited in choice. Scones were definitely the best I've tasted. A nice selection of mini cakes too. Perfect amount.
The barn were the tastings take place is wonderfully decorated. A great atmosphere.